Dermal fillers also commonly known as filers or soft tissue fillers are predominantly used for removal of facial lines and also to rejuvenate the volume and fullness in the face. With increasing age that is the processing of aging, the face naturally starts losing the subcutaneous fat. The facial skin is stretched a bit resulting into loss of facial volume. Important factors that make the facial skin look dull are sun exposure, sometimes also heredity and mainly lifestyle and dietary habits.
Facial Filler is designed to address the signs of aging, often referred to as the “3 D’s of aging. These include:
- Deterioration: resulting in fine lines, wrinkles and changes in skin texture
- Descent: resulting in droopy or sagging skin
- Deflation: resulting in loss of full features or volume
It is used for
- Smile lines – the lines that run from the side of your nose down to the corners of your upper lip ( Naso-labial Fold )
- Cheeks – this includes addressing wrinkles as well as restoring facial volume that was lost due to aging or weight loss
- Chin – used to re-contour the chin and adding definition and firmness
- Lips – used to replenish the volume lost due to aging, or to create full-looking lips
- “Marionette Lines” – used to treat the vertical lines and wrinkles below the corners of the mouth
- Crow’s Feet – used to treat the wrinkles and lines found in the corner of the yes due to aging, sun exposure, smoking and facial expressions
- Frown Lines – used to treat the lines between the eyebrows that are a result of repeated muscle contractions
What types of dermal fillers do you offer
Restylane, Perlane, SUB-Q (Hyaluronic Acid-Based Fillers)
- Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in almost every cell of our body with the greatest concentration in our skin.
- As we age, the skin loses Hyaluronic acid, causing Collagen to snap like a rubber band, creating wrinkles and folds in the skin. Injecting Hyaluronic acid into facial skin can increase volume and smooth wrinkles.
- Allergy testing is not needed before treatment as these dermal fillers are non-animal based.
- Depending upon the movement of the area injected and the kind of filler used, it can last anywhere from 6 months – 1 and half years.
How many session will I need, and how far apart can I have them?
The procedure takes around 30-45 minutes and patients can expect to notice the effects for as long as 18 months after treatment. However, Hyaluronic acid fillers require a touch-up every 12 months depending on the area.
Am I a suitable candidate?
Facial fillers can be used on a wide range of patients, and is primarily used for skin rejuvenation and the reduction of lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to treat scarring in some cases. Other suitable candidates are those seeking to add structure and volume to the face. There is no known risk to those who are pregnant or breast feeding, but we would advise against having treatment under these circumstances.
Is there any downtime?
With almost instant results, our specialist injector uses Micro-cannula over to the needle for better patient comfort with practically no bruising and pain whatsoever. Single point approach is preferred to cover the area compared to the multiple puncture method of needles which is potentially more painful.
Dermal Fillers and the results
Hyaluronic acid Dermal Fillers specially formulated for skin Revitalisation that work by improving skin elasticity and skin tone and adding hydration. Skin is instantly Revitalised with a visible improvement in texture and tone. Dry, Crepey, sun damaged skin instantly looks hydrated and more supple.
Dermal fillers are used to enhance the lips and create a fuller, but natural looking, lip line. As we age the lips become thinner and smaller, developing those fine vertical lines around the edges that are a real giveaway sign of aging. Full, plump lips are very youthful looking whereas thin lips can be very aging and give the face a rather miserable look. We use Hyaluronic acid fillers that are specifically designed to restore natural fullness and create beautifully shaped lips
This treatment is a highly effective way to improve the appearance and restore symmetry without undergoing invasive surgery. The treatment involves using a combination of Botulinum toxin and dermal fillers to shape and contour the cheeks.
The non-surgical nose job offers a real alternative to traditional Rhinoplasty with little or no pain and results that can be seen immediately, as a little filler can give instant definition to the nose.tour the cheeks.
If you are toying with the idea of lip fillers and want to see what you would look like with a fuller pout, try the Cinderella Lips treatment which is an injection of saline into the Lipline, that disappears… Cinderella style after just 24-48 hours. This a great quick-fix treatment for a special night out and it is a big hit with lots of our celebrity clients who have this before a red carpet event.
Eyes are the first things someone notices in you. Under-eye hollows can be a harrowing experience to deal in daily life once people start to age and loose the collagen. It is a down hill thing from then on. Usually gives a tired look. Filling it up with natural Human-grade collagen preparation of Hyaluronic acid can boost your look and also fade those years away and bring back the sparkle in the eyes. The most popular filler procedure we do and definitely worth undergoing.
Application of dermal fillers:
- It can rejuvenate the thin lips by making them a bit plump.
- It can improve the shallow contours.
- It can help smoothen the facial creases and wrinkles which are developed as a result of aging.
- It can help to reduce the scar marks.
- Dermal fillers is a very handy and cost effective procedure for those with early signs of aging.
Mechanism of action:
Generally individuals prefer the surgical approach like a facelift, brow lift or eye lift to eliminate their issues. But dermal fillers can be a good option for those who do not want to undergo any surgery or invasive technique for rectifying their issues. The major disadvantage is that it is temporary procedure for removal of fine lines, wrinkles etc. It cannot be considered as a procedure with long term outcome.