Brow lift – forehead lift
Beautiful eyebrows are one of the most feminine facial features. Accentuating and highlighting the eyes, properly shaped and positioned eyebrows can give the entire face a more naturally youthful, feminine and attractive appearance. If your eyebrows appear hooded or aged, a Forehead Lift or a Brow Lift may be the best solution. You’ll be amazed at the difference this simple procedure can make in your appearance
Suitable candidate for BROW LIFT :
The need for BROW LIFT
- Saggy or low eyebrow position creating a tired sad and grumpy look.
- Deep horizontal creases developed across the forehead.
- Frown lines or furrows seen between the eyebrows or across the top of your nose.
- Excess skin or fatty tissue hanging over the eyes.
- The central portion of the brow hanging down, making an angry appearance.
- Females unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, since the surface area is showing drooping tissues due to signs of aging.
Brow Lifts and Forehead Lifts are procedures that are designed to rejuvenate the eyebrows (Brows) and forehead by elevating the eyebrows to a more aesthetically pleasing position. Brow Lifts may also be used to soften the lines and wrinkles on the forehead that can make a person appear angry, sad or tired. This restores a more rested, natural and youthful appearance to the eyes and face.
Various methods available for BROW LIFT :
- A long incision is made across the forehead, either around the hairline or in one of the creases of the forehead, which uplifts the skin away from the underlying tissues. The muscles are tightened and fat is removed.
- Along with any excess skin, the remaining skin is pulled down, and the brow is stitched into its new position.
Open BROW LIFT :
- The surgeon will insert an endoscope (a long, thin tube with a light at the end attached to a video camera) through several small incisions in the scalp. This allows the surgeon to see and work on the various internal structures of the forehead.
- The advantage of endoscopic technique is it requires minimal incisions, but it may not be equally beneficial for all sorts of patients.
Endoscopic BROW LIFT
- The incision is done at the top of the scalp, starting above the ears and concealed within the hair.
Open coronal technique.
- Includes three short incisions along the top of the scalp and a temple incision on each side. These incisions can be totally covered within the hair.
Endoscopic forehead lift:
Limited incision technique:
The incisions will be concealed in the temporal hairline (temples). If the forehead lift is done in combination with an upper blepharoplasty, upper eyelid incisions will be used to complete the forehead lift by treating 'frown' lines between the eyebrows and uplifting the inside part of the eyebrows.
Benefits Of Brow Lift
- Helps to reposition a low or saggy brow that hangs over the upper eyelid.
- Raises the eyebrows to a more attractive and youthful appearance.
- Makes one look cheerful, pleasant and easily approachable.