Laser scar removal
Laser treatment for scars reduces the appearance of scars. It uses focused light therapy to either remove the outer layer of the skin’s surface or stimulate the production of new skin cells to cover damaged skin cells. Laser treatment for scars can reduce the appearance of warts, skin wrinkles, age spots, scars, and keloids. It doesn’t completely remove a scar.
THE BENEFITS OF LASER SCAR REMOVAL
The Benefits of Laser Scar Removal. Laser scar removal uses a focused beam of light to vaporize and remove scarred layers of skin or stimulate collagen growth. It is a popular treatment that’s highly effective on the correct types of scars. Laser treatment typically can reduce the visibility of scars by up to 80%.
What to expect after laser treatment for scars
Recovery times vary, but it may take 3 to 10 days for your skin to heal. Your doctor will provide aftercare instructions immediately following treatment. These may include the following:
- Avoid direct sunlight for four to six weeks after the procedure.
- Apply a cold pack or moist cloth to the area to reduce swelling.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication when needed.
- Wash and apply moisturizer daily.
- For facial procedures, you may need to avoid makeup for a few days.