Dimple creation – Dimpleplasty
Dimples form naturally when there is a small defect in the cheek musculature. The skin that lies over this defect gets wedged down to the underlying connective tissue. When you smile, this causes dimples to form. With dimple creation surgery, we mimic this natural occurring process. A small incision is made to the inner lining of the cheek, and a small suture is passed through where the dimple is desired. Then this suture is tied, catching the surface under the skin, causing a dimple to form. In some cases, a small chuck of soft tissue may be removed to further enhance the dimple.
Who is the best candidate for Dimple Creation?
By removing different amount of cheek muscles, it can be performed on any type of cheek, let it be chubby or skinny.
The surgeon can customize the dimples to match the appearance of rest of the facial features and can be made slightly smaller or larger depending on one’s desire.
What can I expect from the surgery?
- Dimple creation surgery takes about 30 minutes to perform. You can expect to go home right after the procedure and continue with your routine the next day.
- Dimple creation is a safe and straightforward procedure, with minimal complications. However, it is also somewhat reversible, depending on some variables.
- A little swelling and bruising can be expected. It is also necessary to take antibiotics for some days after the procedure.
- It will take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months for surgically made dimples to look natural. At first, the dimple will be visible when you are not smiling.
- Facial movements might at first be slightly hindered and impaired. It is advisable to restrict activities and sleep with your head elevated for the first couple of days.
- You can decide where and how deep you want your dimple to be. You can also decide if you want just one or two dimples.
Benefits Of Dimple Creation
- One of the biggest advantages of dimpleplasty is that it can be performed on absolutely anyone, irrespective of the size of cheeks.
- The procedure takes about an hour with very minimal recovery time.
- It is also a reversible and safe procedure.
- It gives your youthfulness, natural look, enhances confidence.